The Club’s International Service Officer is Sue Lunn. 2017 – 2018 will be her first year in office for the Club. The ISO role will run for three years.
Her duties will include:
- to keep the club up to date with the news from International news and events, making sure a report is presented to the club at each monthly meeting
- to co-ordinate the distribution of International Service goods an gifts
- to arrange, if appropriate International Service meetings, an inter club meeting or speaker on a relevant service topic.
- to encourage other club members to support other Clubs at International events.
- to encourage working party sesions for International Service
- to attend or send a proxy to the International Service meeting at the District Induction day/Assembly meeting
- to encourage as many members as possible to attend the District International Service Rally and to encourage your club to support overseas projects at all tiers of International Inner Wheel.
The International Service Officer, faciliates four knit and natter sessions throughout the year to make up baby budles, joy bags, sew, sort and bag, label misellanous items which are all the taken to the Notttinghamshire Police Aid Convoy. Working with NPAC we know that everything we provide goes to those who actually need it most.
The blanket squares we use are knitted by ladies who volunteer to do so , and then the squares are sewn together by our members to make a blanket. They are then finished off by a crochet edging and used to hold the contents of a baby bunle.
To say thank you for our volunteers we hold a knitters afternoon tea and trip out, usually held in May to a local attraction.
Throughout the year the International Service Committee will also host a couple of fund raising events, to speficially make international donations, usually given out at the end of the Inner Wheel year.