On Saturday 3 November, President Ruth was accompanied by Secretary Christine and Immediate Past President Helen to Kings Mill Hospital, to meet the team at Millside Radio.
After a very warm welcome and greeting by Trevor our Millside Radio host, we went to meet the team. We were instantly put at ease and for once, President Ruth was tongue tied.
After a drink and a chat, the 2pm radio session started. Christine accompanied Ruth in to the recording studio, but declined to speak on air. She did a fantastic job of hand holding throughout.
Charlie Brown and Richard took to the air for their mid afternoon show at 2pm prompt and out interview began immediately. Please click the link to listen. There are a couple of nervous ‘oops’ moments but over all we are really please to have had this opportunity.
District 22 clubs were mentioned throughout, but not all so here is the list of events happening in and around the radio broadcast this Saturday. For all events got to: www.innerwheeldistrict22.co.uk
- Sutton in Ashfield Club are holding a coffee morning on 8th November The Birches, Ravenshead 10
- Sherwood Forest Club ladies coffee morning on 10th November, at The Town Hall, Ollerton 10-12 £1.00 entry at the door
- Kirkby Inner Wheel Club a Diwali, Festival of Light Celebration on 10th November at the Summit Centre Pavilion £25
- Warsop Club Christmas Market on 20th November at the John Fretwell Centre, £3 entry gets you a cuppa and cake. 10-12
- MansfieldClub Ravenshead Village Hall, hosting an afternoon tea, with sparkles and a demonstration
President Ruth also tried to include other clubs in the catchment area and gave a name drop and shout out to some of the clubs.
We recommend you all contact your local hospital radio and ask to go on air. We had a fantastic time, they are happy to promote events and are always welcoming of people to talk to.
If you want to be part of something bigger than yourself, and are in the Warsop area, please come along and see what we do one evening. Go to our contact page and speak to Christine.